There are a ton of articles, posts and discussions on what makes a perfect home setup. The answer is simple.
Whatever works for you and makes you productive is the best home setup. However, for this, you need to know yourself.
I have a simple bamboo desk from IKEA with a small yet decent size (102x49cm) that has been my best friend in the last 6 months (ikea link).
I went for the wooden finish as it gives a nice touch and colour to my quite white-ish room. Bamboo is also a durable, sustainable and renewable material, so even more the better.
On The Desk
- a small desk lamp to lighten things up when it gets dark or when i’m writing on paper.
- a plant to keep me company throughout the day — better than a rubber duck.
- 27" 4k 60Hz display — good for coding, gaming, photo editing; anything, really + a quality camera to give a face to the name in meetings and catch-ups.
- Apple keyboard and touchpad.
- phone stand and charger.
- my laptop + stand — I like focusing on one thing at a time and also having multiple screen can cause RSI.
- my wireless headphones — good for keeping the mood up with my favourite music, excellent and comfortable for long wear.
In The Desk
- left drawer: spectacles case, tissues, lens wipes, notebook.
- mid drawer: pens, pencils, markers, paper clips.
- right drawer: various adapters & cables for my laptop, phone and headphones